Thursday, October 7, 2010

Day 8 continued

Well, not really but it was real enough to make me scream!  A traumatic as it was, I left MN EMG 603, my favorite license plate at a new home.  It was quite a ceremony and I know it will be happier at the store where the creators of the movie "Cars" met in the barbers chair to plan the movie than in my garage covereed with dust and spider webs.  The road to Oatman AZ was a beautiful winding mountain road and once there we were greeted by the burro with a "special" ear.  A stroll down the center of town, avoiding at all costs the "Red Hat Society" ladies and the piles of burro dung and then off to California!  Driving through the Mohave Desert caused us to pause and think about what earlier travellers headed west for a better life encountered, some just left what they had and walked into the desert never to be seen again.  We found a place to stay (no computer-I am still a little miffed) and now time for bed.  Tomorrow when I call for reservations in Santa Monica, the first question will be if they have a computer to use to post picture on the blog!  Seee you soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment