Saturday, October 2, 2010

Day 3 Bethany Oklahoma pop. 20,000



Gary
Tattoo Man
Smitty

Another day, another state (again!).  And again the weather was beautiful and a fun day.  Tonight we are staying in a Holiday Inn Express because the "vintage" hotels looked like they might be having trouble with bed bugs!!  So, I am going to try to post some pictures seeing there is a computer.  The days are starting to run together so I am not sure if what happened today happened yesterday or not!  Last night, Karen and I took a walk and noticed an unattended candle burning in a store that was closed, reported it and may have prevented it from burning down!  Had the breakfast part of the bed and breakfast and then hit the road.  This time the road was not as well maintained, often gravel with a little pavement!  Met Tattoo man at      .  Of his 87 tattoos, 86 are about Route 66.   The goal of the day was for Deb to be measured for a custom made cowboy boots at Smitty shop.   He and his daughter, Erin, were great and after Deb was measured he gave us a tour of how he makes the boots.  It may likely be a year or 2 before Deb gets her boots, complete with RT 66 2010 stitched into them.  Smitty recommended his relative Larry's bbq place and it was right up there with the rest.   I was able to have supper with Sarah Hanson at a Crab Shack while Deb and Karen brought (you guessed it,) BBQ back to the room.  It was so much fun to visit and laugh with Sarah, one of the kids that would always go up north with me.  OK, lets see if I can post pictures!  Tomorrow we will be in Texas!  Hee Haw!!

3 comments:

  1. So fun....Tell Deb she has some of the best shoes; I wish I could borrow some of them. It sounds like you are all having fun with the Route 66/BBQ tour :) PS My eye is starting to look better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fill in the blank. You met Tattoo Man at Afton Station, remember? LOL! I know it's hard to remember details when you're on the road. Afton Station was the place with the antique cars. Keep on truckin' and having fun.

    Laurel
    Afton Station

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, Chris, I FINALLY figured out how to FOLLOW this adventure!! Sounds like you three are having a BLAST!! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back. C U when I see you!!

    Love you!!

    "R.A."

    ReplyDelete